Thursday, August 30, 2007

Guess it's time to start again.

All while I was a kid, I was told how bright I was. Whether it was truth, or, it was just the bullshit they feed kids to make them feel better about themselves, I strove to be brilliant. I started reading constantly, and reading books beyond my "level", apparently. I did all my homework, did the best I could on tests, started writing short stories on my own, anything I could think of to maintain this image of a bright child. Whee for living up to expectations. Ultimately, I failed, and dropped out of high school. Turns out I'm not as bright as expected.

Now, I'm told something else again and again, something new and unexpected, albeit less often and by a smaller number of people. I'm told that I'm a good singer, and I have a pleasant voice. Farce? I believe so. But, I'm told it again and again, and recently, I've begun to feel the urge to try to live up to that expectation and become a great, well-renowned singer. Destined for failure? Don't ask me that, for it is not a positive response.

8 comments:

Cameron Clarke said...

I'm sorry. I can't honestly say I know what you're going through, as I am both a genius and amazing singer.

I mean, if I were in your position, I'd definitely kill myself ;'(

MATT PIERCE said...

they lied dude. everyone lied to you.

Sixty X Celph said...

Cameron: Well, I look down on you even more, as I frown heavily upon suicide.

sakket: I don't even have a clue who you are, but I do believe you may be right!

Sixty X Celph said...

Odd how that works out, huh?

Cameron Clarke said...

More like how it doesn't work out!

Sixty X Celph said...

Precisely the kind of brilliant response I was expecting!

Anonymous said...

hey, 'tis micro. you really should start singin again. i know my opinion means shit to people these days, but i just thought i'd through in my two cents

Sixty X Celph said...

Micro! If you happen to read this, hit me up sometime. I have no idea how to get hold o' you these days.