Monday, June 22, 2009

Imagine that, this thing's still around.

So, I'm told I've been ignoring my blog. Or neglecting my blog. Or no such accusations were made, but, I was told I should write a new blog post. To be perfectly honest, I was surprised by this. But, we've been over all of that in a previous entry, so, let's just move on.

So, I've been neglecting the blog, or at least not posting anything new. And that's simply because I don't have much else new to post. I mean, I haven't been watching any new movies as of late, been far, far too broke. I did post that E3 Microsoft press conference thing, and fully intended to post one for Nintendo and Sony, aussi, but I never got around to it and it just got to a point where it seemed to be far too late to actually post it, so... I just didn't. Had everything that I had intended to type up and post, but... yeah, too late by this point, I figure.

Which leaves what these blogs started out as when they were first invented, whichever website was first. Blogging, weblogging, a journal on the internets. Yeah, I don't lead a life interesting enough to warrant trying to post anything about it at all. And even if I did, it would quickly become the same thing repeated quite often. The joys of living far away from people and being unemployed. Not to mention, I just suck at keeping a journal. I always have trouble remembering everything that happened withing the day, and I always feel like I'm forgetting something. Always, always, always. So, that just doesn't work for me, I just don't think I have it in me to make a written record of everything I do. Because I don't do anything, haha. Usually [not always, because there have been instances in which I have not] I'll post a big, long blog if anything worth sharing happens. And speaking of sharing, let us move on to another reason, shall we?

Sharing. I'm not sure when it happened, but, somewhere over the past few years I stopped being quite as open about everything. I mean, I still don't have secrets, but, they're not as readily available. They actually have to be inquired into, they're not directly offered. And now, I'm slowly coming to terms with and realizing that people pay attention to the things I say. Not just here, but, anywhere remotely public. Facebook status messages are another good example. I have to watch what I say, or how I say it, because people are listening [I just need the tinfoil hat now, huh?] Figuratively speaking, of course, nothing's actually being said or heard [except for the sounds of my typing, sorry Miss Jess'ka! =P], it's all text. But you know what I mean! So, that sometimes kills some things I could type about, when I've wanted to type about them. Because someone may actually read it. And, I know, don't get started on "Well, that's the point, otherwise, why are you posting it to the internets?" Yeah, yeah, yeah.

Mmkay, right on, how about what I've done before, picking some abstract topic, nothing specific to anyone, but just something on my mind that I want to talk about? Well... yeah, everything I've thought about lately has either just been too whiney or just sounds stupid as something to talk about. I know that being whiney and emo has not stopped me in the past, but, I really don't want that to be me, y'know? And I feel like a tool every time I do it, I hate bitching about things, so, no, I'm not going to do that. No.

Okay, how about some of the things I said I would do? There were some game reviews I said I would probably do here on this blog, as well as some thoughts and opinions on this band I've never heard of before. But, alas, I just simply haven't felt like doing them. And I'm a shithead. A smart shithead, though, who never actually said when these things would be done, though, y'see. Because, let's face it, this is a hobby. Posting my opinions [for all two of you to actually read] doesn't really accomplish besides allowing me to kill some time. It's not a job or anything, so, whee for slacking off when I simply don't feel like it. Which is unfortunate for anyone who was looking forward to [seriously?] anything I have to say. And I still maintain that some day I'll get back into doing so, but, for right now I'm far too invested in other things in life.

Well, then we're in a little bit of pickle, Dick. Because that leaves me without many options. Sure, I could go on a verbose diatribe about why I've not been posting [CHECK!] But, then what? Where does this go from here? If I ever watch a new movie again, there'll be a new mini-review [what number are we on, anyway?] If I ever do anything again, and I feel it's something anyone cares to read about, I'll have something to share right? Assuming it's something I'm allowed to share. (^_~) But as it stands right now, I just don't have anything.

But, I'll get back to you on that. I'm still around, promise. And who knows, maybe tomorrow I'll think of some topic to type about. Maybe I'll post something about the books I've read lately, as I got around to requesting a new library card, so, I've been readin' bookz wit' werdz in 'em. We'll see, we'll see.

I don't know where I was intending to go with this, I kind o' just started with that first paragraph and went from there, stream-of-consciousness style. My bad if it's too long.

2 comments:

Leisel can't remember her damn Blogger password. So this will do. said...

=/

-hug-

R.G. Hommes said...

I don't think anyone here expects a strict updating schedule from you or anything. They cannot rightfully have any expectations on your posting habits and contents. In reality, this blog is your sandbox. Do you want to spend hours on non-existant sandbox etiquette, or do you just want to play?