Sunday, January 20, 2008

Marvelously Moving Music

So, while updates and new material is few and far between, I maintain that I have three musical projects that I fully intend to keep going, one way or another.

Twon. My more electronic, heavier-edge, dark material.

Heaven Loss. My softer, gothier, dark material.

Sixty X Celph, me. Spoken word material, generally of an unhappy nature.

You'd think I'd be happy with that, right? Well, that's where you'd think wrong. There are three, that's right, THREE more projects I would like to see get off the ground.

I have been, in some instances desperately, trying to put together a "legitimate" rock band. Y'know, real instruments, capable of playing live shows? That kind of a band. Unfortunately, I don't really know anyone who plays an instrument, lives near me, and is interested. I'm also too big of a pussy to try out for a band looking for a singer. So, let's move on, hm?

For almost as long, I've been interested in starting a rap group. The urge has only gotten strong as the years go by. But, again, I don't really know anyone interested in doing something like that with me. Doesn't even have to be in my immediate area, being able to perform live is not a requisite for this project. A big part of the problem with this not seeing the light of day is because I am musically retarded. I can't produce good music to save my life. Don't get me wrong, I can create ok, or in some cases befitting, music. But that's it. And rap beats? Forget it, I've tried again and again. Besides, I am extremely uncomfortable doing music completely by myself.

"What could possibly be the third band, Sixty? Rock, rap... what more could you ask for?"

Well, to answer your question, I really am interested in the idea of starting a project with an upbeat, pop type of sound. Just cause sometimes I'm in the mood to try and sing something happy, and honestly, I wonder if I could. And I mean sickly-sweet bubblegum pop type o' stuff. And I won't lie, my recent purchase of a legitimate copy of the Pokémon soundtrack [so, find copies of "Get Happy" by B*Witched, "Catch Me If You Can" by Angela Via, and "Vacation" by Vitamin C for exactly what I'm getting at] largely fuels this desire. But it's something I've kind of always felt like trying, I think. Just to state, though, if I ever could get a project like this moving, it would not all be the same kind o' music. Sometimes I feel like doing a song with a more melancholy tone which would fit nicely as a kind of pop ballad.

So, felt like blogging about that.

4 comments:

Shepdawg25 said...

I wish I had the talent or drive to do something musical. I love music, because it expresses feelings in a "unique sense". I say that because each type of music seems to be for a certain feeling. Although, Rap..I'm not sure. I used to be big into rap, but I am mostly rock with a tad of hip-hop/rap thrown in.

Sixty X Celph said...

I'm very particular in my rap interests. 2Pac, Proof, DMX, Twiztid.

Lil' Jon, 50 Cent, this whole "crunk" scene... doesn't particularly do it for me. Sometimes there's good songs, but, the current mainstream rap scene just ain't all that good.

Dally Doll said...

*hearts* for the Pokemon soundtrack.

I often sing along to my "Pokemon: 2 B A Master" disc

I'm on the road to Viridian City...

Sixty X Celph said...

I used to have that as well when I was but a wee lad. No idea where it went, though.