Friday, October 24, 2008

Mini-Reviews 13

Sorry to be posting it so late, but, I wanted to get the Saw V mini-review in since I went to see it today.



Bottoms Up-- Don't beat yourself up if you've never heard of this film. It's not that great. The beginning is, in fact, complete rubbish as far as I'm concerned. Bad cuts, some lackluster acting, strange plot points. There's some amusing dialogue, but, not much. It picks up as it goes along, though, if you're willing to sit through it, and by the end of the film it is mildly amusing, but it still felt like a waste of time once it was finished. There's funny bits, yes, but there's also a lot of unfunny extraneous stuff. Also, Paris Hilton can not act well. I know there are probably fans of her somewhere in the world, but, I've yet to see a decent performance, I'm sorry. Also, her hair looks like a bad wig in this film. Hell, maybe it is a badly done wig, I dunno.


Saw V-- Disappointing. I mean, I'm not terribly surprised. I wasn't expecting much of this movie. Basically, the movie is an hour and forty minutes of exposition and explanation with some gore and traps thrown just so that there's some of that in there. Don't get me wrong, the stuff presented is interesting, and ties the movies altogether even more, but, still not much of a movie there. Feels like a long in-between.

4 comments:

Mavrek48 said...

Hmm not surprised either with Saw. Kinda was hoping it would bring something fresh and the trailer saying "you'll never guess how it ends" intruiged me somewhat. I have yet to see Saw 4, and 5. I loved the first one because it was new and fresh after that I felt the movies just went for the shock factor and lost the "underground, dark, gritty feel" ya know?

Sixty X Celph said...

I agree completely, they became more gore-oriented when the second one came out.

Mr. Grape said...

So as someone who thought the original was incredible, really enjoyed the sequel, thought the third installment was pretty decent, and yet was bored to tears during the last one, would you recommend Saw V (if only on the basis that i've already seen the rest) or is it just a really terrible movie, making this a good place to bail out (since there's probably going to be 187 more)?

Sixty X Celph said...

Mr. Grape, I would say see it. It ties into all four previous movies, as far as the exposition involved, and that part of the story is interesting, to me. But, I wouldn't expect it to be anymore thrilling than the fourth one. Just a little more informative and more strongly ties the Mark Hoffman character to the Saw franchise.