Saturday, June 30, 2007

Double-you Tee Eff.

So, as I was walking home from work today, I stopped in the local high school football field. I looked around me, at the homes, at the lady jogging, at the kids playing at Craig park. I looked above me, at the trees, at the clouds, at the blue sky, at the sun. And in the few minutes this took me, I was thinking... wow, I'm insignificant and small. All but a handful of people would be completely ignorant of my death if I were to die in my sleep tonight. And it's the same for most people, people who'll die while I'm sleeping tonight and I have no idea. Man truly is a small creature when compared to the planet we inhabit and the number of species which dot it's various environments.

I resumed my trek homeward... and another thought struck me...

What the fuck was all that angsty, pretentious bullshit doing in my head?

2 comments:

Stormy said...

Old age.

That's what it was.

Mr. Grape said...

I don't see how that's angsty or pretentious, but yeah, most individuals arn't really too important in the grand scheme of things, and once you're gone everyone will move on without a care, which is why you only have a small window of oppertunity to leave your mark on the World.