Friday, September 5, 2008

Mini-Reviews 10

Dan In Real Life-- Great movie. Funny, heart-breaking, and very touching. Fairly predictable, yes, but very well done anyway. It's exceptionally realistic, which I think is its greatest strength.


21-- Quick aside... near the end of the movie, doesn't Kevin Spacey look remarkably like Robert Downey, Jr.? Anyway, the beginning and end are pretty good, but the middle lulled for me. I just started to lose interest once they were in Vegas and Ben's character is starting to change. Luckily, the end picked it back up. I pretty much predicted the end of the film, but, I dunno if that was just me or because the film's predictable. It's hard for me to tell by this point. Anyway, to shorten this... eh, I guess it's wll enough, but, it wouldn't top a list of recommendations I'd make. Kind of unimpressive.

1 comment:

Shepdawg25 said...

Dan In Real Life was very good. I really enjoyed it and it wasn't a usual Steve Carrell(SP?) performance.

21 had a great story and was very interesting, but I agree, it got pretty boring at random times. Good reviews!