Sunday, March 1, 2009

M.I.A. but not K.I.A.

So, I've been disappeared for the last couple o' days, for the most part. I popped in for a short while on Friday to see what the internets were up to, but, mostly been gone.

I've been working with Tebo on a new film, and we've got a sort of deadline. There's a film festival coming up, the SUNYWide Film Festival [SUNY stands for State University of New York, it's... I don't know what to call it, but, it's a family of dozens of colleges] and Tebo and I wish to enter our short film [called "3 Steps"]. All entries must be in by March 6th, though, so we've been working pretty hard and relatively non-stop to get it done in time. For example, I got up at 7:16 AM yesterday, Tebo came 'round about 8:00 AM or 8:30-ish, somewhere in between there, we went to his house, and worked on the film all day until we left his house at 12:30 AM today, technically. Only time we weren't working was when made a quick run to the post office and when we had some dinner at around 7:40 PM. We didn't rush it, mind you, we just sort of worked on it all at once instead of in bits and pieces over the course of a week or more.

Anyway, so, we finally completed "3 Steps" and I'm exceptionally pleased with it. We put a lot of work in it, did some new stuff for Tebo Productions vids, and it all came out great. Now! The trick is finding some way for anyone other than ourselves to see it. That includes the SUNYWide Film Festival, as we're having issues getting it into the format they want; we'll have to see if they will accept other formats or if it's a "Do it this way or you don't get in!" situation. But, aside from that, we've started working in a much higher quality of video and sound as of "3 Steps", which of course ups the file size, meaning it may not go up on YouTube, we'll see. We far exceed the 100MB file size limit set on non-Partners and I'm not even sure how small we can make it, no matter how much we degrade the quality. It's less than five minutes long and it renders out at 771 MB. So... yep. It may be the greatest Tebo Productions film so far that only a half of a dozen people will ever see.

Not to mention some crediting issues that are starting to aggravate and, to a certain degree, offend me.

Fun little post script to all of that:
At least my body was kind enough not to rebel against me until after we were finished with everything. As I said, left Tebo's at about 12:30 AM and got home around ten to 1:00 AM. Went to bed at 1:30 AM. Woke up sometime around four with awful stomach pains and very nauseous and... just not feelin' well at all. So, y'know, at least this bloated, disgusting carcass within which I reside had the courtesy to wait. It's not usually so kind at all.

No comments: