Friday, March 20, 2009

Mini-Reviews 32

Dance of the Dead-- With a title like that and the premise of the film [a zombie attack on prom night and the only people left to stop the zombie apocalypse are the losers who didn't have dates to prom] I expected this to be a "so bad it's kind o' good" gory zombie flick. As it turns out, though, I really liked it. It's a good movie, funny little zombie comedy with plenty of gore and a touch of heart to the plot. The actors did excellent jobs, for the most part, and the writing wasn't too bad at all, dialogue-wise. The plot itself has some obvious foreshadowing, but, not bad at all. It broke one or two of my personal zombie rules, as well, but definitely worth seeing.


13 Hours In A Warehouse-- I'm not sure just what the problem is, but I was unimpressed. From about 10 minutes, maybe less, in 'til the end I was uninterested. I spent most of my time wondering what the hell it was they stole. I don't imagine I was supposed to. The acting's about what I expected, some decent B-level and plenty of terrible B-level acting. Same with the special effects and writing. Maybe its extreme mediocrity is its downfall?

No comments: