Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Put it in your mouth

So, y'ever heard of something that you had never heard of before and then you hear about it everywhere after that? I had something like that recently. I heard of something called FA [fat appreciation/fat appreciators]. Feeders and feedees. And now I'm hearin' it all over the place.

I'm not sure how I feel about it. At first, I was all right with it. Hells yeah, I appreciate me a thick chick. Or curvy/chubby/big, whatever you want to call it. But the more I hear about it the less supportive I am of such a lifestyle. It sounds like the extreme end of the spectrum so far. And then there seems to be a fixation on the weight number, which I am never comfortable with and I don't think anyone should care about that number or their BMI, which is even more fuckin' ridiculous. But, I digress, and I'm getting a little off the topic I intended. I was talking about the extremity of this FA thing. People insisting on being 500, 600 pounds, insisting that anyone less than that is immediately unattractive. I think it's wrong.

If there's anyone who thinks I'm incorrect in my understanding, please, correct me. I'd like to find that this isn't common in the FA lifestyle.

4 comments:

Mr. Grape said...

I dunno, from what i can tell i think you've got everything right, and i completely agree with you...

I mean it's no secret that i like bigger girls, but not to the point where health issues are concerned.

I do disagree with not caring about your BMI though, as i don't think people should be ignorant of their health status, and stuff like that can usually be important for the average person.

But yeah, i guess you really can't stop anyone from gaining weight, although it comes across as sad or sick the way certain people bulk up towards immobility and heart attacks, or worse yet, get forced or encouraged into doing it by others.

A little extra meat is great, and sometimes a lot of extra meat meat can be great too, but there comes a point where it's almost a form of (assisted) suicide.

Sixty X Celph said...

Of course I'm not saying people should be ignorant of their health, but BMI and your weight are not really indicative of your health. Especially BMI, that stuff's completely ridiculous. It's not even what it was fuckin' invented for!

Tiffany48 said...

I have never heard of the FA Lifestyle. I think people should be aware of their health. Obesity is a problem. There isn't nothing wrong with bigger people though. I think everyone is beautiful. But I think everyone should care about their health. More power to those who don't care what size they are. But I think people should have some desire in what they want. I'm talking about overweight people in general too.

Anonymous said...

I never heard of FA lifestyle either. Thats odd. I dont agree with people taking thier health as such a joke. There are so many health concerns with being too much overweight. Hell you get a high risk for just about everything. From difficulty concieving to diabetes. Not fun stuff. I believe there is a perfect life for yourself in which you are happy with but being 500-600 is a bit extreme. But what ever makes you happy with yourself i guess...!?! idk

kat