Saturday, July 19, 2008

E3 2008: Nintendo

I'll get around to offering my thoughts on each conference from this year's E3, but, for now I've only watched the Nintendo one.

Game breakdown! I'm mildly curious about Grand Theft Auto: Chinatown Wars, though I dunno how well such a game will work on the DS. Guitar Hero On Tour Decades... meh. Wasn't interested in Guitar Hero On Tour to begin with beyond a general curiosity, I'm even less interested in a sequel. Rayman Raving Rabbids TV Party could be interesting, but, y'know... another mini-game collection, woohoo... speaking of mini-game collections, Wii Sports Resort. A game meant to showcase the new Wii remote features much like the original Wii Sports showed us how the Wii remotes motion-sensing worked. Yet another Pokémon spin-off game, yeah, okay.

Call of Duty, no interest in that franchise at all... Spore Creatures, meh. Watered down version of Spore, from what I gathered. Never got into Animal Crossing, so, not much interest in another iteration.

Games that I am interested in? Wii Music has piqued my interest, though I'm skeptical of how well it'll actually work. Star Wars: The Clone Wars looks like it could be pretty awesome, we'll see what the story-line's supposed to be like. That's about it, really.

Non-game-related stuff! I'm kind of worried about making the Wii remote any more sensitive with their MotionPlus thing. Intriguing, but, I can see it making games so much more difficult than they ever need to be.

Over-all, I'm kind of let down by this. Some stuff I'm mildly interested in, but, nothing to really get me excited for upcoming games on the Wii and Nintendo DS.

2 comments:

Mr. Grape said...

I must say that i'm kind of surprised you're not really into the whole Wii Motion Plus thing...

The way i see it, what Nintendo is doing with the Wiimote and nunchuk, mixed with the brand new balance board, is they're slowly testing the possibility of virtual reality style gameplay.

I mean just imagine in a few years from now when they finally introduce their next system... you just know this stuff is going to play a really huge role (which is pretty exciting to me at least.)

Besides, i fully expected this to be a "Mega Man 9" fanboy update, lol.

Sixty X Celph said...

Well, it's like I said... intriguing, but, I can see it making games waaay more annoying. Obviously not the good games that actually take the time to work on it, but, I foresee a bunch of oversensitive games. I'm excited about the concept, but, the cynical pessimist in me thinks it'll botch a lot of games. (>_>)

I would have loved to be raving about Mega Man 9, but, the Nintendo conference vid I watched never mentioned it... mayhap it was an incomplete vid?