Sunday, July 20, 2008

E3 2008: Sony

Let's follow this up with the Sony one, what do y'all say? I don't own a Playstation 3 yet, but, fuck it!

Game breakdown! Resistance 2! Hells yeah, I've wanted to play Resistance: Fall of Man ever since the launch of the PS3, now I want it even more so that I can play its sequel. Eight-player online co-op sounds awesome. LittleBIGPlanet looks awesome, but I'm not as interested in ot because, from everything I've read, it seems to just be a huge level editor. Is there an actual game involved in LittleBIGPlanet? Ratchet & Clank Future: Quest For Booty looks cool, and I'm really excited by the concept of small, downloadable games that are continuation, or at least part of, larger franchises and story-lines that are normally disc/cart releases. Resistance: Retribution for the PSP. Woot! Star Wars: The Force Unleashed and LEGO Batman: The Video Game I'm more interested in getting on different consoles. Super Stardust Portable looks interesting, a little Asteroids-y. Patapon looked wicked, so, Patapon 2 could be good if I ever get around to playing the first one and enjoy it, haha. Ghostbusters: The Video Game should be pretty cool, though I am incredibly sad that Rick Moranis won't be reprising his role. =( Soul Calibur IV looks cool. I have no idea what The Agency is all about, but, it looks intriguing. Mirror's Edge looks fascinating! And Resident Evil 5 looks like it could be awesome, especially if the gameplay is anything like Resident Evil 4. But, I'm more interested in playing it on the Wii. Singstar's always fun. Guitar Hero World Tour, while I've never heard of, I'm intrigued but skeptical, since I did not like Guitar Hero III all that much. God of War III!!! I'm just psyched it's comin', the vid they showed at E3 was pre-rendered rather than gameplay which, while cool, doesn't impress me much. Infamous looks awesome, I've been looking forward to that since it was the cover story of Game Informer.

Madden 09 and NBA 09: The Inside, sports games, no interest. Never really got into Loco Roco besides being something to kill time with, so, not much interest in Loco Roco 2. Buzz! Master Quiz and Buzz! Quiz TV... meh. Valkyria Chronicles doesn't hold much interest in me, either, since I have no idea what it is. DC Universe Online and MAG I've no interest in playing despite how cool and interesting they sound, since I have little to no interest in any MMO. Not a huge racing game fan, so, Motorstorm: Pacific Rift doesn't hold anything for me. Quantum of Solace... not a huge fan of Bond either. Zero interest in any Socom, as well. Naruto: Storm... I like the Naruto manga, but, I've never seen the animé and I've no desire to play a Naruto fighting game. I've no interest in Killzone 2, just not a war game fan.

A big part of what I love about Sony is that they didn't just drop the PS2 for the next big thing, and they continue to make games for and push the Playstation 2. So, I like the LEGO Batman bundle they've got comin'. How many Entertainment Packs do you figure they're gonna make for the PSP? Hot damn, $400 80Gb PS3. Nice!

Non-game stuff! More promises about Playstation Home. *shrugs* You can now download movies, so... yeah. Never been into downloading movies onto my 360, so, downloading them onto a PS3 holds no interest to me.

A lot of great games seem to be on their way for the PSP and PS3. It's nice to see Sony getting their shit together this year.

I may watch the Microsoft conference later, I dunno yet. Depends on how bored I end up being.

No comments: