Monday, July 13, 2009

An opinion about an argument.

So, let's have us a little chat.

About abortion.

Okay, not really about abortion. About a particular argument oft used when arguing about abortion:

"You don't get to have an opinion on this because you're not a woman."

First of all, fuck you. You may not feel that my opinion is valid, because I'm a male and thus can not actually birth a child. You're welcome to feel that way. But don't tell me I can't have a gods damned opinion. I can have an opinion about anything I want.

On that note, I often do have an opinion on anything and everything.

Do I think men should be making final decisions on the topic of abortion? Oh, hell no. For the same reasons I'm told I can't have an opinion. No man should be telling a woman whether or not she must have a baby. But he can gods damned well have an opinion on the matter.

Y'ever notice how that particular proclamation generally only comes about once a woman' run out of clear, valid arguments? Or come to a point they can't really disagree with or argue against? Yeah.

It's akin to when your 'rents would tell you, "Because I said so!"

It just irks me. There is no good reason why I can't have an opinion on the matter. And, as far as I'm concerned, no reason why my opinion is not as valid as the majority of women out there.

No comments: