Sunday, January 11, 2009

How To Look Less Like A Dork 101

So, I was struck by a random memory earlier that... actually occurs quite frequently, but, whatever. I figured I'd share it.

So, in the fifth grade I was a fat nerdy kid with glasses and a mullet. Struth. And I had this great friend named... Nicole, I'm pretty sure. Now, as everyone knows, all nerdy kids push up their glasses by using the tip of either their forefinger or middle finger to push the center of their spectacles along the bridge of their nose. My friend Nicole saw me do this in the lunch line one day. She stops me and says, "You know, you'd look cooler if you pull them back by the earpiece instead."

No real importance, just felt like sharing.

Funny thing is, that's the only memory I have of her. Can't remember much of what she looked like. Long, dark, curly haired white girl who wore a leather jacket a lot of the time, and that's all I can remember. And I have no later memories of her. I remember that being some time in the first half of the school year. Nothing before or after.

But I always remember that when I push my glasses up on to my face.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thats the funny thing about memories. You dont have to make them funny they just have to mean something to you. Helps make your habbits more clear for you.

:D Kat