Friday, January 23, 2009

Mini-Reviews 25

Babylon A.D.-- It's nice seeing Vin Diesel doing action movies again, and the action's entertaining although Vin's tough guy character is a bit played out nowadays. But the film kind o' peters out near the end, I think.


Mirrors-- Not a bad movie, per se, but not terribly intriguing, either. Honestly, it has several moments where it's downright ridiculous. But! It has one of the most horrifying scenes I've seen in a horror film. You need to see the unrated version of this film just to see the bathtub scene with Amy Smart. You can turn the DVD off after that point for all I care, but, that is a must-see scene in my opinion.

2 comments:

Mr. Grape said...

As per usual i'd love to comment, but i've never even heard of these films, let alone seen them, lol.

Sixty X Celph said...

Not surprising with Babylon A.D., I only ever heard of it once and had no idea what it was about except it was a new Vin Diesel action movie. Which was enough for my interest to be piqued. XD

But Mirrors got a bit of exposure, at least in my venues of entertainment.