Saturday, January 3, 2009

If it's not one fucking thing, it's a-gods-damned-nother

So, I recorded Just Between Us today. What's that, you want to hear it? Oh, that's wicked unfortunate, because I can't clean it up and mix it and make it sound less like butt! For some bizarre fucking reason I'm only getting sound out of the left speaker on the computer I use to record and mix. So, whee, awesome, huh? Yet another in a long line of excuses for why this damned project's on hold. >_<

In a related change of subject, I'm not entirely certain how this will affect vids for YouTube, as sound engineering is far less important for those. I'll get back to you on that. And, I'm still waiting on a few gifts I have yet to receive for birthday and Christmas this year and then I'll be doing a vid showing what I got.

P.S., fuck you technology! At times I'm almost tempted to become a Luddite and be done with it.

6 comments:

Mr. Grape said...

So did you consider using some headphones, and mixing everything that way instead?

Sixty X Celph said...

Tried that, but the headphones plug into the side of the speakers, and thus it makes my headphones put out audio only in the left ear. >_<

I'm trade speakers between this computer and that computer tomorrow and see what's what.

Mr. Grape said...

There's no headphone slot on your computer tower!?

Sixty X Celph said...

Probably? I dunno, it's not really my computer, I just use it to record and mix. But then I'd have to play with settings to make the sound not come through the speakers anymore, and that's a lot of work!

Mr. Grape said...

What are you talking about?

I have a headphone slot on my computer speakers, but i also have two headphone slots on the tower (one in front, and one in back, since it's a media center.)

If i want to use the headphones, i just plug them in, and that's it... there's no settings to play around with, as everything will switch on it's own (and i've always had that, even with really old computers.)

I could be wrong, but you should be able to plug your headphones into the back, and away you go!

Sixty X Celph said...

Then... every computer my family has ever had has sucked. I always get no sound out of the tower, only when I plugged them into the side of the speakers themselves.

Though, now I'm not sure I've actually tried it with this particular tower, so... maybe? I'll try and see, though.